In the finale of our Culinary Cultivation series fresh, local ingredients come together to make a very BC meal – infused with our favourite BC bud. Steve Thorp of Postmark Brewing hosts us on Galiano Island where he makes Wild Sockeye Salmon Fish Cakes Infused with our Sativa darling strain Blue Dream.
Using the Levo, Steve infuses olive oil with our high THC, Sativa strain, letting the natural blueberry syrup and hints of brown sugar and caramel add a nice balance to the savoury nature of this dish. The fish cakes are simple, fresh (caught just that day) and are garnished with the simple drizzle of infused oil.
Join us on island time.
1 1/3 cup fresh wild salmon chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup finely diced white onion
3 tbsp finely chopped green onion
1 tbsp finely grated peeled ginger
1 1/2 tbsp finely minced capers
3 tbsp lightly chopped fresh dill
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 large eggs
3/4 cup almond flour
3 tbsp Blue Dream infused olive oil
3.5 grams Tantalus Labs Blue Dream
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
(Can be doubled)
- Start with your oil, this can be done in advance to make things easier on yourself. Take 3.5 grams of high THC Blue Dream, grind until medium fine. Using your LEVO II, place the ground cannabis in the pod with oil and set to infuse at 160 for 2.5 hours.
- Fillet salmon, we recommend doing this on your nearest dock.
- Cube salmon in half inch cubes, set aside.
- Chop onion and sauté in infused EVOO, add to mixing bowl.
- Add chopped green onion, shredded ginger, capers, ground pepper, chopped fresh dill, course sea salt and dijon mustard to mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs, add salmon and almond flour and mix.
- Combine all ingredients to one bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Take raw mixture and create 4 inch pucks, and allow to set in refrigerator for 30 mins to overnight.
- Cook pucks in oiled pan and cook at approximately 350 degree for ten minutes per side.
- Plate and drizzle with Blue Dream infused EEOV.