We’re back with another instalment of Culinary Cultivation and we’re cooking up something sweet (but healthy!) with holistic nutritionist, Emma Andrews. Her recipe for a Superfood Almond Bark is high in nutrients while giving a nice mellow high to go along with it. Using the Levo, Emma infuses coconut oil with Skunk Haze – a balanced Sungrown strain with a relatively even ratio of THC and CBD (roughly 5% : 10%, respectively) and notes of rich pine, inspired by our BC boreal forests.
Each ingredient plays a part in this perfect bedtime snack. Almond bark has a natural tranquillizer to help reduce anxiety and tension while brown rice syrup sweetens without spiking blood sugar and cacao nibs add a boost of magnesium which is known for its benefits of deep restorative sleep. All with the benefits of clean cannabis, what more could you ask for?
Put your jammies on, it’s bedtime!
1/3 cup infused coconut oil
1/4 cup creamy almond butter
1 tsp brown rice syrup
2 tbsp unsweet. coconut flakes (fine shred)
Pinch pink sea salt
Handful cacao nibs
3.5 grams Tantalus Labs Skunk Haze
1 cup coconut oil
(Can be doubled)
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Start with your butter, this can be done in advance to make things easier on yourself. Take 3.5 grams of high CBD Harlequin, grind until medium fine. Using your LEVO II, place the ground cannabis in the pod with butter and set to infuse at 160 for 2.5 hours.
- Add infused coconut oil to mixing bowl, stir in almond butter, brown rice syrup, and coconut flakes.
- Spread over parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Top with salt and cacao nibs.
- Freeze for one hour and snap up into shards. Keep stored in freezer to prevent melting.