Our latest episode of Culinary Cultivation is with Kayla Mann of Valens Groworks. She’s sharing her recipe for an infused popcorn mix, perfect for movie nights or entertaining a few buds at home. Our Sungrown Harlequin is the perfect match for this sweet but salty snack, with about 5% THC and 8% CBD it’s a balanced cultivar that won’t put you *in* the couch, just on it.
Kayla used the Levo to create an infused butter, the rest of the steps are quite simple – combine the ingredients and shake things up. Harlequin’s citrusy notes of blood orange, grapefruit, and apple are a bright addition to this savoury mixture.
So, what are we watching?
10 - 12 cups popcorn
4 cups mini pretzels
4 tbsp Harlequin infused cannabutter (melted)
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp rock salt
3.5 grams Tantalus Labs Harlequin
1 Cup butter
(Can be doubled)
- Start with your butter, this can be done in advance to make things easier on yourself. Take 3.5 grams of high CBD Harlequin, grind until medium fine. Using your LEVO II, place the ground cannabis in the pod with butter and set to infuse at 160 for 2.5 hours.
- Pop your popcorn into a bowl large enough that you can add your prezels and have room to mix. Even coating is critical for proper dosing.
- Add mustard, sugar, and salt to warm infused butter and stir to incorporate.
- Add cannabutter mixture to popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- Add pretzels and shake to disperse.
- Cuddle with your guests and flip through Netflix until you can all agree on something to watch.